Unfortunately, every once-in-a while, we’re faced with dealing with an auto accident. And, of course, it’s never at a time when it’s convenient for you. When it does happen, it’s best to be prepared so that you can get your car repaired, and back on the road as quickly and efficiently as possible. More importantly, you can get back to living life the way you’re accustomed to, because let’s face it, an accident throws off a lot more than your alignment. Here’s a quick checklist of what to do should you be involved in an accident.
• Remain calm. It sounds simple, but it can be difficult in times of stress. Do your best.
• Move your car to a safe place
• Turn on your hazard lights and use cones, flares and/or flags for additional safety
• Call police for assistance
• Call ambulance, even if injuries seem minor
• Be considerate to any other drivers, and do not admit guilt or assign fault
• Completely fill out the following:
– Their contact information: name, phone number, email and complete address
– Their vehicle information: VIN Number, year, make, model
– Their insurance information: Insurance company name, policy number, agent name, agent phone number, relationship to primary policy holder, date of coverage
– Additional witness: name, phone number, where were they in relation to accident?
– Police Report: Name of police department, names of officer(s), police report #
Once you’ve taken down all of this information, we can take it from there. Call your local Caliber Collision Center, and we’ll help you with the insurance claims process, assist you with the rental car process, and even better, restore the rhythm of your life as quickly as humanly possible. Of course, we all hope you don’t have to deal with an accident any time soon. But the numbers say that sooner or later, we inevitably will. In the meantime, drive carefully.